- Dedicated members-only features
- Previews of future audio releases
- Talk live with each other and the team online
- Get access to new audio & text features
- Hear unreleased archive recordings
- Become an fba supporter, be part of the team...
Nagabodhi, London, UK
FBA transmits some of the best talks given by members of the Triratna Buddhist Order. A friend in Hamburg can now listen to a talk given in India, or England, within hours of its original delivery!
Viveka, San Francisco, USA
When I visit FBA, time and space dissolve, I am in the company of a vast array of Buddhists from all around the world in what Vimalakirti calls the domain of the holy eightfold path of the Buddha.
Sangharakshita, Birmingham, UK
It gives me great pleasure and satisfaction to know FBA is benefiting so many people around the world. This is one of the most important developments within our new Buddhist community for many years.
Candradasa, FBA Team
Connecting with my own Buddhist friends and colleagues helps keep me inspired in my own life and practice, so it's very cool that I get to work on projects that help make this possible for others too.
Vicki, Seattle, USA
I received the most delightful gift of the Dharma: an iPod with all of Sangharakshita's FBA downloads on it. I just love listening to my 'Bhante pod' and having Dharma talks so easily accessible.
Coleen, FBA Team
My experience of FBA is that without it, I wouldn't have the chance to hear others in the Triratna community teach. It would be harder to keep going without that inspiration and sense of connection.
Ratnaghosha, FBA Chairman
As the Chair of the charity that runs Free Buddhist Audio, I am completely inspired to be making available Dharma talks and study materials to anyone who has access to the internet.
Sangharakshita, Birmingham, UK
As the founder of the Triratna Buddhist Community, I am very happy to have learned that by the end of this year more than a million talks will have been downloaded - that is a tremendous achievement.
creative commons and open source
We wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge the influence of the Creative Commons Movement and Open Source Software community on the development of this site – practically, but also in terms of considering ways to put the Buddha’s vision of generosity into action via the worldwide web.
We were consistently inspired by the countless, often ultimately invisible, efforts of people dedicated to providing alternative ways to make available previously (or currently) copyrighted material, and to use technology as a tool for furthering, rather than restricting, communication between individuals and communities.
We felt quite humbled while working on this venture – generosity is clearly alive in the world, and these two manifestations of it helped us especially in our own efforts to try and exemplify a different, happier spirit for these times.
There are many technical folk without whom this site would not have been built. The Open Source software community is a wonderful phenomenon, and some of the people and tools we've benefited from are listed here:
MySQL, CocoaMySQL, Apache, PHP and Entropy PHP, PHPMyadmin, Jedit, W3Schools, Ilya Zakharevich, Ed Eliot
and many more...
You are free:
- To Share, — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license: Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations; The author's moral rights; Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.