- Dedicated members-only features
- Previews of future audio releases
- Talk live with each other and the team online
- Get access to new audio & text features
- Hear unreleased archive recordings
- Become an fba supporter, be part of the team...
Colum, London, UK
FBA is my travel companion as I wind my way across the busy streets of London by bus, or take a train or fly. An invaluable guide through life, a priceless jewel.
Sangharakshita, Birmingham, UK
It gives me great pleasure and satisfaction to know FBA is benefiting so many people around the world. This is one of the most important developments within our new Buddhist community for many years.
Eric, FBA Team
It's a joy to work for such a noble cause as FBA, spreading the Dharma across the internet and into the 21st century...
Vajratara, Sheffield, UK
FBA is a vast mine of jewels, a fantastic resource for those looking for a spiritual perspective. A source of much joy when I have a spare hour to ponder the Universe. What gem can I download today?
Eric, FBA Team
I am thrilled and honoured to be a part of the FBA team. Working with other Buddhists provides an opportunity to build incredibly close relationships based on genuine trust, caring, and common values.
Kuladharini, Glasgow, UK
I love FBA! The biggest online Buddhist library in the world! Fantastic resource! 24 hours a day! For any serious Dharma practitioner! Highly recommended! *Kiss*!
Kamalashila, Catalunya, Spain
An incredibly useful resource with huge potential for educating the sangha and bringing practitioners together. I particularly like its one-stop-shop aspect: whatever it is, it's bound to be on FBA!
Viryaja, Toowoomba, Australia
People's hunger for the Dharma is met openly and freely with Free Buddhist Audio. Our little centre library just cannot compete with all that is available here!
creative commons and open source
We wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge the influence of the Creative Commons Movement and Open Source Software community on the development of this site – practically, but also in terms of considering ways to put the Buddha’s vision of generosity into action via the worldwide web.
We were consistently inspired by the countless, often ultimately invisible, efforts of people dedicated to providing alternative ways to make available previously (or currently) copyrighted material, and to use technology as a tool for furthering, rather than restricting, communication between individuals and communities.
We felt quite humbled while working on this venture – generosity is clearly alive in the world, and these two manifestations of it helped us especially in our own efforts to try and exemplify a different, happier spirit for these times.
There are many technical folk without whom this site would not have been built. The Open Source software community is a wonderful phenomenon, and some of the people and tools we've benefited from are listed here:
MySQL, CocoaMySQL, Apache, PHP and Entropy PHP, PHPMyadmin, Jedit, W3Schools, Ilya Zakharevich, Ed Eliot
and many more...
You are free:
- To Share, — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license: Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations; The author's moral rights; Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.